Friday, September 8, 2017 @ 8:00am through Sunday, September 10, 2017, @ 5:00pm.
Saturday, September 23, 2017 @ 8:00am through Monday, September 25, 2017 @ 5:00pm.
Note: Attendance at both weekends for the entire duration is necessary to successfully complete the Wood Badge course.
75 Hudson Road
Bolton, MA 01740
The course fee is $295.00, and includes all program materials, course equipment, meals, and snacks. A deposit is required with your application. Full payment is required by August 1, 2017. Refunds (less the deposit) are possible with written request through August 1, 2017.
Register for Wood Badge through the Knox Trail Council.
Affording Wood Badge
We understand that the time and financial commitments to attend Wood Badge are significant. To help attendees afford the cost of the course, the following options may be available:
- Finances should not keep an interested leader from attending Wood Badge. A confidential discussion with the Course Director can help you establish options.
- A limited number of Wood Badge scholarships are available, generally for one-half of the course fee.
- Many packs, troops, teams, and crews may be able to help key unit leaders attend the course, oftentimes by funding half of the course fee. Check with your unit committee chairman to see if this option may be available to you.
- Many employers have considered completion of the Wood Badge course to be professional development, as the leadership skills developed through Wood Badge are very applicable in a professional setting. The Course Director can speak with your manager and help them understand the value of Wood Badge to your career.Employers may also allow you to take time off from work without penalty for attending the course; it never hurts to ask!
- Each participating council may offer Wood Badge scholarships — check with your council’s training chair and professional staff.
- If you are a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars or the AFL-CIO, these organizations offer Wood Badge scholarships. Both of these are due no later than March 31, so don’t delay in getting them approved and submitted!
A BSA Annual Health and Medical Record, parts A and B, is required to attend the course.
Each registered participant will receive a pre-course information packet prior to the start of the course. In the meantime, participants should review the “What is the Wood Badge Ticket?” and “For Participants” sections of this website.